No one is going to hand me success. I must go out and get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world and myself. – Unknown
As 2015 draws to a close, it is time to look forward, into 2016. Can you believe it? I’m declaring 2016 THE YEAR OF THE HUSTLE. This is the year I want BIG things to happen in my personal, professional and House of LoveJoy life.
Come back next week when I’ll share with you my detailed goals for House of LoveJoy.
1. MY BODY
If the body is feeble, the mind will not be strong. – Thomas Jefferson
In 2016 I am going to do one thing every day that makes my body healthier and stronger. I’m going to push myself at the gym, on my bike, on my run.
2. MY MINDSET
Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is a nightmare. – Japanese Proverb
In 2016 I’m going to dedicate myself to improving my mindset and way of thinking by:
- Reading a thought-provoking book
- Listening to an inspiring podcast
- Going to a workshop
- Learning from a coach or mentor
- Asking questions about EVERYTHING…alllowing myself to be curious.
- Understanding that I can learn something from everyone
- Studying meditation and different philosophical ideas
3. MY RELATIONSHIPS
I never knew a man come to greatness or eminence who lay abed late in the morning. – Jonathan Swift
I know how well I understand people,my compassion, and my ability to flow through others’ emotions in stressful situations influence how deep I can go in relationships. But I also am aware of the importance to know and be known by influencers to achieve greatness in my career, business, and brand. 2016 is about setting myself up to win in the area of relationsips.
- Connect with 3 new people each week in person, by phone, or online.
- Connect with 3 influencers each week.
- Share a meal with 3 people each week (breakfast, lunch, or dinner), like Keith Ferrazzi recommends in his book Never Eat Alone.
- Go to one group event every month – a networking event, breakfast meeting, masterming group, etc.
- Send video messages online or via phone to my connections. Not just on their birthdays but also to follow up to see how I can support them with anything they are foing, and ask what their biggest challenges are right now. I’m not going to ask for anything in return or do it for any reason other than to show how much I care. This will stand out in their minds and deepen the relationship.
- Ask questions and make the conversations about others, not about what I want. When I focus on giving support to those I trust and believe in, they will almost always want to offer support in return.
- Attend conferences, trade shows, and summits.
4. MY SKILLS
I hated every minute of training, but I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now, and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Mohammad Ali
The more skills I have, the more I have to offer in any situation.
- Joining Toastmasters and improve my public speaking
- Learning how to be a workshop facilitator
- Learning meditation
- Learning how to make money
- Learning how to invest money and start and launch a business
- Learning how to build a powerful team for my business
What is your vision for 2016? What are your goals? Share them in the comments!