As a lifestyle blogger I get asked a lot about what’s in my cosmetic, hand, diaper, and travel bags. What are my go-to products, my must-haves, can’t live without, take-to-a-desert-island?
So for this week’s Top 10 Tuesday here are my everyday essentials that take me from dawn-to-dusk everyday from baby to blogging to playing chaufer to my 13-year-old son to meetings with clients to dinner and drinks with friends.
- This Daily Double Prince Roots Bag ($308 CAD. roots.com/ca) is black, leather and the perfect size to stash everything I need for the day – makeup bag, laptop, ipad and even my baby girl Teagan’s change pad, wipes and diapers if on the rare occasion I don’t want to bring the diaper bag.
- TECH: iPhone6
- SCENT: Fracas for Women by Robert Piguet ($83 CAD. fragrancenet.com.)is my signature scent.
- SKIN: Olay Total Effects 7x Visible Anti-Aging Moisturizing Complex – UV Protection ($19.99 CAD. londondrugs.com.) smooths and soothes and protects my skin all day.
- SKIN: Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser ($70 CAD. murale.ca) cleanses my skin at the end of everyday.
- I love Neutrogena’s All-In-One Make-up Removing Cleansing Wipes ($8.54 CAD. walmart.ca.) to remove my make-up at the end of the day
- EYES: Unfortunately my eyes were not blessed with mile-long lashes, but with the iconic Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (find one at the drugstore nearest you) it looks like I was.
- LIP: “You are never fully dressed without a smile,” and my smile is framed with the perfect matte blu-red Ruby Woo Lipstick ($20 CAD. maccosmetics.ca.)
- HAIR: Since I colour my hair I’m careful not to over-wash (hello dry shampoos and conditioners) and of the products I use. I swear by Kiehl’s Olive Fruit Oil Repairative Hair Pak ($35 CAD. kiehls.ca.) to keep my healthy and shiny.
- INSPIRATION: Inspiration can come from architecture, art, music, fabric, literature, and films. I’m also a BIG believer in what Keith Richards said about songwriting,”I don’t really write songs; I just put up the antenna and I catch what’s floating around.” I feel I use both when I’m trying to create content for House of LoveJoy and my baby blog La Petite Fox. I’m a very visual person and as odd as it may seem for a blogger to use paper I love tactileness of it, so I keep snipets of inspiration and random thoughts and blog ideas in a Moleskin Evernote Smart Ruled Notebook. ($35 CAD. chapters.indigo.com